We have the world's largest food and nutrition research organisation, with about 5000 people involved in R&D, as well as corporate venture funds and research partnerships with business partners and universities.
Our in-house fundamental research takes place in four centres:
- Nestlé Institute of Health Sciences provides and translate biomedical research into personalised science based nutrition.
- Nestlé Research Center provides the scientific knowledge and research base for product renovation and innovation.
- Clinical Development Unit provides medical expertise and manages clinical trials for the company, worldwide.
- R&D Tours provides scientific expertise in plant science.
Proprietary high-tech product development takes place in our 34 Product Technology centres and R&D centres worldwide:
- Product Technology centres provide a critical mass of technology expertise and product knowledge, for one or more of Nestlé’s business categories.
- R&D centres have both a global role and a more local role by meeting regional needs or providing know-how in specific areas of technical expertise, such as system technology, and health sciences.