EVERY DROP COUNTS: Nestlé is active in a number of water conservation and education programmes.
We’re active in social and environmental issues where bottled water can play a role including:
- providing safe drinking water during natural disasters
- supporting water conservation and education programmes worldwide
- responsible water use in our operations
- ongoing packaging improvements
- supporting recycling programmes, and much more.
Helping hand: Nestlé Waters and our products regularly helping people in need. For example:
- in North America we have partnerships with the Red Cross and AmeriCares to provide bottled water in emergency situations. In 2008, we provided more than 350 000 bottles of water after Hurricane Ike
- we provided aid in Haiti after the January 2010 earthquake.
Water conservation and education: Nestlé is active in building awareness of water as a scarce resource. We sponsor 'Water Education for Teachers' (Project WET) an education programme for children about the importance of water.
Packaging: We’re constantly improving our packaging to make it lighter and more ecological. This includes the plastic wrap, boxes and transportation we use, reducing our environmental impact at every step.
Increasing recycling: PET material is 100% recyclable reducing the need for any bottle to end-up in landfill. We also promote recycling wherever we operate. For this, we often work with local governments and other organisations to put the right infrastructure and communication in place to help consumers take action.
Nestlé Waters Creating Shared Value report
Nestlé Waters International
Nestlé Creating Shared Value