In 2013, we reissued The Nestlé Policy on Environmental Sustainability, first launched in 1991, to better reflect our evolving ambition, and the contribution of environmental sustainability to Creating Shared Value.
We have reissued it with a commitment by the CEO to environmentally sustainable business practices. Paul Bulcke states in this commitment: “Our goal is that our products will not only be tastier and healthier but also better for the environment along their value chain.”
The reissued policy includes the steps we will take to meet this commitment, through a product life-cycle approach that involves our partners, from farms to consumers and beyond.
As well as additional information on governance and Nestlé Continuous Excellence, it identifies six new focus areas:
- Water preservation
- Natural resources efficiency
- Biodiversity conservation
- Air emissions reduction
- Climate change adaptation, and
- Zero waste
The Nestlé Policy on Environmental Sustainability is complemented with more detailed commitments on a number of key issues:
- The Nestlé Commitment on Climate Change
- The Nestlé Commitment on Biofuels
- The Nestlé Commitment on Water Stewardship
- The Nestlé Commitment on Natural Capital
- The Nestlé Commitment on Deforestation and Forest Stewardship