At Nestlé, we will drive diversity & inclusion through our impact on:
- Culture by building an inclusive culture, leveraging on the differences of our employees when working together
- Innovation by thinking about the needs of diverse consumers and customers in our products & services and being inclusive in their accessibility – whenever, wherever, however
- Society by acting and engaging in an inclusive way with society and stakeholders in our diverse business environments across the entire value chain
Respect for diversity means respect for other ways of thinking, other cultures, and all facets of society, and requires openness and inclusiveness in all our interactions both inside and outside our company.
Diversity and Inclusion are an integral part of the Nestlé culture. We aim to provide a workplace culture that generates equal opportunities for everyone, where people are treated with dignity and respect. We are expanding our efforts to strengthen this inclusive culture. It is helping us leverage the unique skills, knowledge and experiences of our diverse workforce.
Gender Balance has been a priority for us since 2008, and it helped us to increase the number of women at all levels in the organisation. We want to be a gender balanced company by creating the enabling conditions in our work environment to achieve annual increases in the percentage of women managers and senior leaders. Our global and local initiatives on gender diversity include:
- Development opportunities: mentoring and coaching programs
- A flexible and supportive work environment
- Role model events, round tables and network discussions
- Leadership development training and unconscious bias workshops
- Maternity Protection Policy (pdf, 1Mb)
Gender balance isn’t just for us as an organisation. We know that gender equality, women’s rights, education for women and girls worldwide, and women’s empowerment are critical to creating shared value for our business and for society.
Creating an inclusive workplace for people with disabilities
As the world’s largest food and beverages company, including people with disabilities is a priority. We employ 2,696 people with disabilities*. We aim to promote a culture that builds on strengths and focuses on abilities.
A global self-assessment procedure was developed for all our markets to assess the level of inclusion and types of activities for people with disabilities in the workplace. The objective is to track best practices and actions in the following areas:
- Training and awareness
- Return to work practice
- Accessibility of sites and workplace arrangements
* Due to privacy regulations, this number only reflects those countries that were able to report it.