Ensuring Food Security: What Role for Business?
On 22 November 2010, Nestlé, with the participation of the Centre for International Governance, Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies, held a Creating Shared Value – Forum in Focus: Ensuring Food Security: What Role for Business?
Building on the FAO World Summit on Food Security held in November 2009 and the renewed focus on the Millennium Development Goals, this conference addressed critical issues pertaining to business’s engagement in enhancing agricultural productivity while considering environmental impact.
The conference also discussed most productive crosssector partnerships in tackling these issues, amongst other subjects.
Business leaders, representatives of NGOs, International Organizations, Permanent Missions in Geneva and academics attended and shared their views on these crucial topics.
Our panelists included:
- Peter Brabeck-Letmathe, Nestlé Chairman
- Bekele Geleta, Secretary General of the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies
- Stephen Hale, Head of Oxfam Geneva Office
- Jean-Louis Arcand, Professor, Graduate Institute
- Scott Poynton, Executive Director, The Forest Trust
- Stefan Tangermann, former Director for Trade and Agriculture, OECD
- Moderator: Maria Livanos Cattaui, Former Secretary General, International Chamber of Commerce.