Elected to the Board 2015
Date of birth: 1954
- 2017 President Emeritus, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology (EPFL) Lausanne, (CH)
2000 - 2016 President, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology (EPFL) Lausanne, (CH)
Professor in neurosciences, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology (EPFL)
Director of the Neurodegenerative Research Disease Laboratory at the Brain Mind Institute, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology (EPFL)
- 1992 - 2000 Professor of Surgery and Medical Director of the Surgical Research Division and the Gene Therapy Center of the University Hospital of Lausanne (CHUV)
- 1991 - 1992 Chairman of the Section for Artificial Organs, Biomaterials and Cellular Technology, Brown University, Providence, RI, USA
- 1984 - 1992 Research Scientist, Assistant and Associate Professor of Medical Sciences, Brown University, Providence, RI, USA
- Founder of three start-up
- 2007 Amazentis SA
- 1996 Modex Therapeutics Inc.
- 1989 CytoTherapeutics Inc.
- Doctor in Medicine (MD, 1980) and Neuroscientist (Dr. Med., 1983) – University of Geneva and University of Fribourg, (CH)
- Board member, Lonza Group Ltd.
- Board member, Logitech International SA
- Chairman of the Advisory Board, Novartis Venture Fund
- Chairman of the Board of Directors, Amazentis SA
- Member, Singapore Biomedical Sciences International Advisors Council
- Foundation Board member, World Economic Forum
- Foundation Board member, Verbier Festival