Premium ice cream and frozen treats. Trusted, great-tasting brands for the whole family including Grand, Slow Churned, Dibs, and Fruit Bars.
The founder, William Dreyer began his love affair with ice cream in 1906 when, as a galley boy, he earned the prestigious job of making a frozen dessert to celebrate his German ship's arrival in America. In Oakland, Dreyer found a business partner and kindred spirit in renowned candy-maker Joseph Edy.
Dreyer's ice cream expertise and Edy's candy-making acumen was a winning combination. In 2006 Dreyer's ice cream became a wholly-owned subsidiary of Nestlé.
Dreyer's and Edy's well-known, popular brands include:
- Slow Churned – regular and other varieties including:
- Light - half the fat, one third fewer calories, and the same rich and creamy taste
- Snack size – perfectly portioned cups
- Yogurt Blends - Frozen desserts with a rich flavour and creamy texture; live and active cultures; a good source of calcium
- Dibs – bite sized frozen snacks
- Outshine Fruit Bars – real fruit or fruit juice in every bite.