Chairman Emeritus, Nestlé S.A.
Date of Birth: 1944
- April 2017 handed over the office of Chairman of the Board of Nestlé S.A., appointed as Chairman Emeritus
- April 2008 handed over the office of CEO and remained Chairman of the Board of Nestlé S.A.
- April 2005 elected Chairman of the Board of Nestlé S.A.
- April 2001 elected Vice Chairman of the Board of Nestlé S.A.
- June 1997 at the Ordinary General Meeting of Shareholders of Nestlé S.A., Peter Brabeck-Letmathe was elected Member of the Board of Directors. On the same day, the Board appointed him Chief Executive Officer of Nestlé S.A.
- January 1992 appointed Executive Vice President of Nestlé S.A. with worldwide leadership of Strategic Business Groups while simultaneously being in charge of Marketing, Consumer and Corporate Communications, and Public Affairs.
- 1987 transferred to Nestlé's international headquarters in Vevey as Senior Vice President in charge of the Culinary Products Division, with a worldwide responsibility for that sector.
- 1983 appointed Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Nestlé Venezuela.
- 1981 appointed Chief Executive Officer, Nestlé Ecuador.
- 1970 national Sales Manager, later Director of Marketing, Nestlé Chile.
- 1968 joined the Nestlé Group's operating company in Austria. There Peter Brabeck-Letmathe started as a salesman, later becoming a specialist for new products.
- Degree in Economics at the University of World Trade, Vienna
- Vice Chairman, Foundation Board of the World Economic Forum
- President, Foundation Board of the Verbier Festival
- President, Geneva Science and Diplomacy Anticipator (GSDA) foundation
- Chairman, Supervisory Board of Biologique Recherche
- Chairman, Advisory Board of SES-imagotag
- Member, Board of Directors of SES-imagotag
- Chairman, Business Policy International Advisory Board of San Telmo Business School
- Independent Director, Formula One Group
- Vice Chairman, L'Oréal (FR)
- Board member, Roche (CH)
- Board member, Credit Suisse (CH)
- Board member, Exxon Mobil Corporation, Texas
- Board member, Salt Mobile SA (CH)
- Board member, Amrop Partnership SCRL
- Chairman, 2030 Water Resource Group (WRG)
Honors and awards
- Austrian Cross of Honour for service to the Republic of Austria
- La Orden Mexicana del Aguila Azteca
- La Orden Francisco de Miranda (Venezuela)
- Schumpeter Prize for outstanding contribution in Economics
- Honorary Degree of Doctor of Laws from the University of Alberta (Canada)
- Inducted into the American Advertising Federation’s “Advertising Hall of Fame” (USA) in 2017