Our Supplier Portal is an online platform to help support efficient collaboration between Nestlé and our global supplier base.
The portal provides our suppliers with secure access to important processes and tools. Through the platform, active suppliers can access information related to their contracts as well as tools to manage bidding, ordering, delivery and payment activities.
Our Nestlé Responsible Sourcing Standard describes the requirements and ways of working that we apply together with our suppliers to ensure the sustainable long-term supply of materials and services to Nestlé. It sets out basic non-negotiable standards as well as important and urgent sustainability practices that we ask our suppliers, their employees, agents and subcontractors to respect and to adhere to at all times when conducting business.
Find out more about how we implement the standard worldwide through our commitment to responsible sourcing.
The Standard is an integral part of all of our purchase orders and supply contracts. Through our Sustainable Sourcing Tier 1 program, we verify compliance with the Standard by our direct suppliers either sharing a combination of existing relevant certifications such as ISO 14001, SA8000, FSSC 24000 or ISO 45001 or through them undergoing independent ethical audits carried out by audit firms accredited by Nestlé. These audits follow the SMETA Best Practice Guidance (pdf, 2Mb). If non-compliance issues or gaps are found, a time-bound action plan is developed and implemented by the supplier. The implementation of this plan will be later verified by the auditor. In case a supplier refuses to undergo an audit or to close gaps, we may terminate the business relationship.
In addition to verifying compliance with our direct suppliers, we have identified 14 raw materials that present higher risk of environmental and/or social issues. For those, we work closely with our direct suppliers and partners to conduct a mapping of our upstream supply chains and carry out farm assessments in our upstream supply chain with partner organizations. In many cases, issues are identified that require long-term, tailored interventions to tackle their root causes for greater impact.
Note: As of 1 July 2018, the Nestlé Responsible Sourcing Standard replaces previous versions of the Nestlé Supplier Code, as well as the Nestlé Responsible Sourcing Guideline and the Nestlé Commitment for the Responsible Use of Agricultural Raw Materials. Any references to these documents should be considered as references to the Standard.
Key documents for suppliers
- Food Fraud Prevention (pdf, 1Mb)
- Microbiological Specifications (pdf, 1Mb)
- Guidance to minimize microbiological risk - Washing produce 2017 (pdf, 2Mb)
- Guidance to minimize microbiological risk - Drying produce 2018 (pdf, 6Mb)
- Guidance to minimize microbiological risk - Steaming of dried produce 2018 (pdf, 3Mb)
- Guide of Chlorate thresholds and limits (xls, 300Kb)
- Minimizing the risk of microbial contamination in primary production of berries - 2016 (pdf, 15Mb)
- Minimizing microbial contamination in primary production of fruits, vegetables, herbs and spices – short version 2018 (pdf, 5Mb)
- Minimizing microbial contamination in primary production of fruits, vegetables, herbs and spices – long version 2018 - part 1 (pdf, 8Mb)
- Minimizing microbial contamination in primary production of fruits, vegetables, herbs and spices – long version 2018 - part 2 (pdf, 12Mb)