We stand with the people of Ukraine and our 5 500 employees there. To date, Nestlé has delivered CHF 18.5 million in product and monetary contributions to local humanitarian organizations in Ukraine and to help those displaced by the war in neighboring countries.
In December, we announced a CHF 40 million investment for a new production facility in the Volyn region in western Ukraine because we believe in the future of Ukraine and the business potential of the country's agri-food sector.
Since the outbreak of the war in Ukraine, we have drastically reduced our portfolio in Russia and implemented the actions we announced last March. We refocused our activities on delivering essential and basic foods to the local people and suspended the vast majority of SKUs from our pre-war portfolio in the country. We have halted non-essential imports and exports into and out of Russia.
- We have stopped advertising in Russia;
- We have suspended further capital investment in the country;
- We continue to fulfill our obligations toward our employees;
- We are fully complying with all applicable international sanctions on Russia; and
- For the foreseeable future, these measures will apply as our operations in Russia remain focused on providing essential and basic foods to the local people.
Looking ahead, our priority in Ukraine remains to keep our employees and their families safe. We will continue to run our operations where safe to do so as part of our commitment to serving the local population. In addition, we will continue to provide food donations throughout the year to help the people of Ukraine (to a value of CHF 7 million). This is in addition to the in-kind donations and contributions already provided in 2022.
We stand with the people of Ukraine and our 5 500 employees there.