Nestlé has announced the three finalists shortlisted to win its Creating Shared Value Prize.
The Creating Shared Value Prize is awarded to innovative businesses that create value for their communities by addressing issues of nutrition, water or rural development.
The winners reflect Nestlé’s belief that for a company to be successful in the long term and create economic and social value for its shareholders, it must also create value for society as a whole.
This year, the three projects competing for an investment of CHF 500,000 include:
- HoneyCare, an East African firm working with 35,000 farmers in South Sudan to help them become commercial beekeepers;
- MSABI, an NGO from Tanzania that runs one of the largest rural, water, sanitation and hygiene programmes in the country; and
- Sanergy, a Kenyan social enterprise which collects and transforms human waste into fertilizer or energy.
The overall winner will be announced at Nestlé’s annual Creating Shared Value Forum, held in October in Switzerland. The forum is an annual gathering of representatives from non-governmental organisations, industry and higher education where best practices around the concept of how to create shared value are shared and discussed.
Find out more about the finalists:
- Honeycare website and Facebook page
- MSABI website and Facebook page
- Sanergy website and Facebook page
Read more about the Nestlé Prize in Creating Shared Value.