During this unprecedented time, our purpose of unlocking the power of food to enhance quality of life for everyone, today and for generations to come, is now more important than ever. From our supply chain, to our factories, and right through to your homes, we are working around the clock to ensure that we continue to meet the nutritional needs of your families and pets during this difficult time.
On the ground we are mobilizing substantial local relief efforts in the communities where we operate. Building on these efforts, we have joined forces with the International Federation of the Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies. We are also supporting the Coalition for Epidemic Preparedness Innovations (CEPI) in the search for a COVID-19 vaccine to end the pandemic and to save lives and livelihoods.
People are at the heart of our business. Therefore, the health and safety of our employees, business partners and the communities where we operate is extremely important for us. We are working very hard to keep them healthy, safe and supported.
Together with our supply chain, distribution and retail partners, we are working to ensure that much-needed food, petfood and beverage products are available around the world. Our people are fully committed and are working tirelessly to ensure that supply is maintained.
For the last 154 years, our consumers, employees, business partners and communities have relied on us during the most challenging times. And today, we're right there with you in fighting this significant global challenge with flexibility, resilience, courage, and a caring heart.
Our actions include:
Keeping our employees healthy, safe and supported
- In addition to our normal strict hygiene standards, putting in place additional safety measures in our factories, offices and distribution centers.
- Encouraging office-based employees to work from home whenever possible.
- Asking our employees worldwide not to travel internationally for business purposes.
- Offering generous sick leave arrangements for those who contract the virus.
- Providing cash loans or advances for those in financial distress.
- Paying all hourly and salaried staff affected by temporary stoppages in full for a minimum of twelve weeks*.
- For employees in factories and distribution centers, offering free meals and transport for staff to help reduce the risk they fall ill.
- Providing parents with the flexibility to manage their family responsibilities and their role.
Helping with local relief efforts
- Providing support to medical institutions, food banks, food-delivery organizations and relief organizations in the frontline of the fight against this pandemic.
- Working closely with physicians to develop a new tailored COVID-19 medical nutrition treatment protocol.
- Donating to food banks and food delivery organizations to support people in need.
- Providing prompt and pragmatic support to our business partners.
- Extending payment terms, suspending rental fees for coffee machines and offering free products to our customers in the out-of-home and food service sector, as part of our 'Always open for you' initiative.
Joining forces with the International Federation of the Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC)
- Donating food, medical nutrition products and bottled water to bring relief to those most affected by the pandemic.
- Deploying available logistics capacities from our out-of-home business to support the needs of the IFRC in various countries.
- Donating CHF 10 million for immediate deployment in countries where it is most needed.
- Matching 1:1 any donations to the Red Cross and Red Crescent National Societies or Federation made by our employees.